IELTS Reading – CHOOSING TITLE | IELTS Reading – CHOOSING TITLE
Tips for Choosing a Title
- It is usually the last question for the passage
- The information for all options can usually be found in the passage
- This question is only worth 1 point so don’t spend too long on it
- Choose the option which relates to the aim of the whole passage rather than
part of the passage
- This question tests your skill of understanding the difference between aims and details
Your answer should be a letter
Coffee is one of the most popular hot drinks in the world. Almost a third of the world’s population drinks coffee. People often meet at cafes or coffee shops for a coffee break during the middle of the morning or stop work in the afternoon to drink coffee.
About 7 million tons of coffee is produced every year. Brazil is, by far, the world’s largest coffee producer. About a third of the world’ s production comes from this South American country. Other coffee producing countries include Vietnam, Indonesia and Colombia.
The United States is the biggest coffee consumer in the world. About 1.2 billion kilograms of coffee are consumed there every year. Drinking coffee is extremely popular in European countries, like Italy, France and Germany, as well as in Brazil.
Choose the correct letter A — C
Which is the best title for the passage below:
A. Coffee – a popular hot drink
B. Coffee – the main consumers
C. Coffee – the main producers