IELTS Speaking Practice Test (Mock) | IELTS Speaking Practice Test (Mock)
- Do you have a pet?
- What types of animals do you think make the best pets? Why do people have pets?
- Are there any types of animals that you think should not be kept as a pet?
Describe a wild animal that lives in your country. You should say:
- what animal it is
- where it lives
- how people feel about this animal
And explain if you think there will be more or fewer of this animal in the wild in the future and why.
- What is the purpose of having zoos?
- What is your opinion about animals being kept in zoos?
- How do you think zoos could be improved?
- Do you think is it important to conserve the world’s – animal species?
- What is your opinion on poaching?
- Do you think money should be spent on protecting wild animals?
Food & Cooking
- What is your favourite type of food? What is a common meal in your country? Do you like cooking?
- When do you eat your main meal of the day?
Describe a restaurant that you enjoyed going to. You should say:
- where the restaurant was
- why you chose this restaurant
- what type of food you ate
and explain why you enjoyed eating in this restaurant.
- Do many people eat in restaurants in your country?
- Which are more popular, fast food restaurants or traditional restaurants?
- Why do people enjoy eating out?
- What do you think a healthy diet consists of?
- Do you think children should be taught about healthy diets and cooking at school or at home?
- At what age do you think children should be taught to cook?
Clothing & Fashion
- Do you like shoes?
- How often do you buy shoes?
- Do you prefer comfortable or good-looking shoes? Have you ever bought shoes online?
Describe a dress/shirt you wore for a special occasion. You should say:
- what it is like
- when and where you bought it
- what special occasion you wore it for
and explain how it made you feel wearing it.
- What do you think the clothes we wear say about us?
- Do you think that brand name is very important for clothes sales?
- Why do some people like to go clothes shopping with friends?
- How have clothes fashions changed in your country over the past few decades?
- What kind of things determine what is in fashion?
- How do you think fashion will change in the future?
- What is your typical morning routine? What would you like to change about it? Do you think breakfast is important?
- What is the best thing about your morning routine at the weekends?
Describe a typical day at work/college/university. You should say:
- what you do
- when you do it
- what your favourite part of the day is
and explain what you would like to change about this routine.
- What is the attitude towards arriving late in your country?
- When is it very important to be on time?
- How can people make sure that they are never late?
- What factors influence most people’s daily routines?
- Do you think people get enough choice in their daily routines?
- How do you think people’s routines will change in the future?
- Do you prefer to read books or magazines? What is your favourite subject to read about?
- Did your parents read to you when you were a child? Would you give a book as a gift?
Describe a book that you enjoyed reading. You should say:
- what the book was
- what it was about
- why you read it
and explain what effect the book had on you.
- Do people in your country like to read books?
- What are the most popular types of books?
- Do you think it is important for people to read books?
- In your opinion, do people read as much nowadays as they did in the past?
- How do most people read books today, in hard copy or on a tablet?
- Do you think that traditional books will be replaced by tablet reading in the future?
- Do you like art?
- Do you think that art should be taught in schools? How does learning art helps children to develop?
- If you were a famous painter, what sort of pictures would you paint?
Describe a work of art that you really like. You should say:
- what it is
- who created it
- where you saw it
and explain why you like it.
- In your opinion, is art an important part of culture?
- What would life be like without art?
- Why do you think people like to have paintings in their homes?
- Do you agree with this statement? “Graffiti is a form of art and should be respected.”
- Why do you think people create graffiti?
- Who do you think should pay for public works of art?
Weather & Seasons
- What seasons do you have in your country? Which is your favourite season?
- What do you like to do in that season?
- Is your country popular with tourists in every season?
Describe a type of weather that you really dislike. You should say:
- what type of weather it is
- how often it happens
- why you dislike it
and explain what you do when the weather is like this.
- Do you think the weather affects how people feel?
- What are some examples of bad weather in the world?
- In your opinion, is anything we can do to prevent bad weather?
- What is the best way to get accurate information about the weather?
- How easy or difficult is it to predict the weather in your country?
- How important do you think it is to check what the weather will be?
Architecture & Buildings
- Are you interested in architecture?
- Do you live in an old building or a modern one? What sort of building would your dream home be?
- If you were an architect, what sort of buildings would you design?
Describe a building you have seen that impressed you. You should say:
- where it was
- what it looked like
- when you saw it
and explain why it impressed you.
- Do many people in your country visit historic buildings?
- What types of historic buildings are most popular to visit?
- Why do people visit these historic buildings?
- What do people learn from visiting such buildings?
- Do you think people should have to pay to visit them?
- Do you think it’s important that historic buildings are preserved?
- Did you enjoy school?
- What was your favourite subject?
- How did you get on with your peers in school? What subject would you like to learn in the future?
Describe a school you attended. You should say:
- what school it was
- what the buildings were like
- how good the teachers were
and explain what you liked and disliked about it.
- What makes a good student?
- What role should the teacher have in the classroom?
- Do you think computers will one day replace teachers in classrooms?
- How well do schools prepare young people for working life?
- Do you think schools should teach subjects like art, music and dancing?
- In your opinion, is a university education important?
Film & TV
- How much television do you watch per day? Who do you normally watch TV with?
- What kinds of TV programmes do you enjoy the most?
- What is your favourite TV programme at the moment?
Describe a TV drama series you like. You should say:
- what TV series it is
- what it is about
- who acts in it
and explain why you like it.
- Is the quality of TV programmes in your country good?
- What type of foreign TV programmes are popular in your country?
- Do you think television influences the way we think?
- Should children be allowed to watch a lot of TV?
- What do you think are the qualities of a good children’s TV programme?
- What are the educational benefits of children watching TV?
- How important is money to you?
- What sorts of things do you like to spend spare money on? What was the last thing you bought yourself as a treat?
- It is difficult to control your spending?
Describe something you bought that you had to save money for.
You should say:
- what it was
- how long you saved money for it
- how you saved the money
and explain how you felt after you bought it.
- Do you think children should be taught to save money?
- Why do some parents give their children money to spend each week?
- Should children be allowed to buy anything they want with the money they’ve saved?
- Do you think it is a good idea for students to earn money while studying?
- What kind of possessions show status in your country?
- Modern society is often called ‘materialistic’. Why do you think this is?
- How often do you take photographs?
- What things do you like to photograph? Do you ever take selfies?
- What do you do with the photos you take?
Describe a photograph you like. You should say:
- what can be seen in the photo
- when it was taken
- who took it
and explain why you like the photograph.
- How has photography changed over the past 20 years?
- What makes a good photograph?
- Are photographs works or art?
- Do you agree that with the advances in camera technology, anyone – can take quality pictures today?
- Why are selfies are so popular?
- Do you think there are any dangers in sharing personal photos on social media?
IELTS Speaking Practice Test (Mock)
IELTS Speaking Practice Test (Mock)